The Summit” is a bi-annual publication brought out under the aegis of R.S.D.College, Ferozepur City. It is published in the month of February and September every year. “The Summit” covers wide range of issues related to Humanities, Social Sciences and allied areas. The Journal welcomes original contributions from both academicians and practitioners in the form of articles, research papers, case studies, special commentary and book reviews.
Guidelines to the Contributors:
1. Manuscript submitted to the Editor-in-Chief must be typed in MS-Word. The Length of the articles, research papers, book reviews and case studies should not exceed 3000-4000 words.
2. General rules for formatting text: i. Page size: A4 (8.27" X 11.69") ii. Font: Times New Roman – Normal, black iii. Line spacing: Double iv. Font size: Title-14, Sub-titles 12, Body- 11, Normal Diagrams / Tables / Charts– 11 or 10.
3. The first page of the Manuscript should contain the following information: (i) Title of the paper; (ii) The name(s) and institutional affiliation(s) of the Author(s); (iii) email address for correspondence. Other details for correspondence such as full postal address, telephone and fax number of the corresponding author must be clearly indicated. The category of submission should be specified either as a research paper, article, review, case study etc.
4. Abstract: A concise abstract of maximum 150 words is required. The abstract should adequately highlight the key aspects or state the objectives, methodology and the results/major conclusions of analysis. The abstract should include only text.
5. Keywords: Immediately after the abstract, provide around 3-6 keywords or phrases.
6. Tables and Figures: Diagrams, Tables and Charts cited in the text must be serially numbered and source of the same should be mentioned clearly wherever necessary. All such tables and figures should be titled accurately and all titles should be placed on the top after the number.
7. References: all the referred material (including those from authors own publication) in the text must be appropriately cited. All references must be listed in alphabetical order and sorted chronologically and must be placed at the end of the manuscript. The authors are advised to follow American Psychological Association (APA) style in referencing.
8. Usage of abbreviations in the text should be avoided as far as possible and if used should be appropriately expanded.
9. The papers and articles submitted must be original work and it should not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The author(s) are required to submit a declaration to this extent in the format specified in Appendix 1, while submitting their articles.
10. All the submissions would be first evaluated by the editor and then by the editorial Committee. Editorial committee may require the author to revise the manuscript as per the guidelines and policy of the Journal. The final draft is subject to editorial changes to suit the journals requirements. Editorial Committee also reserves its right to refer the article for review/ delete objectionable content/ edit without changing the main idea/ make language corrections/ not to publish/ publish with caveats as per its discretion. The Author would be duly communicated with such decisions.
11. Contribution(s) should reach the designated email address at III on or before 15th January (February issue), 15th August (September issue).
12. Please send your manuscripts to
Dr. Dinesh Sharma
The Summit, A Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences
Department of English,
Ferozepur City, Punjab. 152002
Electronically Mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as "Contribution for “The Summit” – February/September (Mention Year) issue.
13. In case the author has submitted only the hard copy, an electronic version of the manuscript would be required once the paper is accepted for publication.
14. All enquiries related to the submissions should be addressed only to the Editor-in Chief.
15. Copyright of the published articles and papers would rest with “The Summit, A Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences” and any further reproduction would require prior and written permission of the Editor-in-Chief.